The objective of LLL shall be to implant firmly in the children of the community the ideals of courage, character, loyalty, good sportsmanship, honesty, and respect for authority, so that they may be well adjusted, stronger and happier children and will grow to be good, decent, healthy and trustworthy citizens.
To achieve this objective the LLL will provide a supervised program under the Rules and Regulations of Little League International, Inc. All Directors, Officers and Members shall bear in mind that the attainment of exceptional athletic skill or the winning of games is secondary, and the molding of future citizens is a prime importance. In accordance with Section 501(c)(3) of the Federal Internal Revenue Code, the LLL shall operate exclusively as a non-profit educational organization, providing a supervised program of competitive baseball and softball. No part of the net earnings shall inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual; no substantial part of the activities of which is carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and which does not participate in or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.
ARTICLE III -- MEMBERSHIP
ELIGIBILITY. Any person sincerely interested in active participation to effect the objective of the LLL may apply to become a member.
CLASSES. There shall be the following classes of Member:
- PLAYER MEMBERS. Any player candidate meeting the requirements of Little League Regulation IV and who reside within the authorized boundaries of the LLL, shall be eligible to compete for participation but shall have no rights, duties or obligations in the management or in the property of the LLL.
- REGULAR MEMBERS. Any person actively interested in furthering the objective of the LLL may become a Regular Member upon election as hereinafter provided. Parents, Step-parents, or Guardians of Player members are automatically considered Regular Members. Any other person may apply to the LLL for election to Regular Membership. The LLL Board Of Directors, by a majority vote of those present at any duly constituted meeting, shall have the authority to elect a person applying for Regular Membership. Regular Members shall be accounted for via official role. The Secretary shall maintain the roll of membership to qualify voting members. Only Regular Members in good standing are eligible to vote at the annual meeting. All Officers, Board Members, Committee Members, Managers, Coaches, Volunteer Umpires and other elected or appointed officials must be active Regular Members in good standing.
- HONORARY MEMBERS. Any persons may be elected as Honorary Member by the unanimous vote of all Directors present at any duly held meeting of the Board Of Directors but shall have no rights, duties or obligations in the management or in the property of the LLL.
- SUSTAINING MEMBERS. Any person not a Regular Member who makes a financial or other contribution to the LLL may be elected as a Sustaining Member by the Majority vote of all Directors present at any duly held meeting of the Board Of Directors but shall have no rights, duties or obligations in the management or in the property of the LLL
- As used hereinafter, the word "MEMBER" shall mean a Regular Member unless otherwise stated.
SECTION III - OTHER AFFILIATIONS
- Members, whether Regular or Player, shall not be required to be affiliated with another organization or group to qualify as members of the LLL.
- Regular Members shall not be actively engaged in the promotion and/or operation of any other Baseball or Softball program.
SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION. Membership may be terminated by resignation or action of the Board Of Directors.
- The Board Of Directors, by a two thirds vote of those present at any duly constituted meeting, shall have the authority to discipline or suspend or terminate the membership of any Member of any Class, any Manager, any Coach or any Umpire, when the conduct of such person is considered detrimental to the best interests of the LLL and/or Little League International, Inc. The Member, Manager, Coach or Umpire involved should be notified either by letter, telephone, or in person not later than 24 hours prior to such meeting. They shall also be informed of the general nature of the charges and given the opportunity to appear at the next Regular or Special meeting to answer such charges.
- The Board Of Directors shall, in case of a Player Member, give notice to the Manager of the team of which the player is a member. Said Manager shall appear, in the capacity of adviser, with the player before a duly appointed committee of the Board Of Directors, which shall have full power to suspend or revoke such player's right to future participation.
- Any member of the Board Of Directors that fail to attend two consecutive regular Board Meetings, without prior written or electronic notice the President of the Board Of Directors, shall be notified by mail or electronic notice, that their membership on the Board Of Directors is Terminated.
ARTICLE IV -- REGISTRATION FEES
A reasonable Little League participation fee may be assessed as a parent's obligation to assure the operational continuity of the LLL. Although it is recommended that no fee be collected, a maximum as specified by Little League International Inc. may be assessed if deemed necessary. AT NO TIME SHOULD PAYMENT OF ANY FEE BE A PREREQUISIT FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE LITTLE LEAGUE PROGRAM. [Little League Regulation XIII(c)]
Dues for Regular Members may be fixed at such amounts as the Board Of Directors shall determine prior to the beginning of any membership period.
[1 January to 31 December]
Members who fail to pay their fixed dues within thirty days from the time the same become due may, by a majority vote of those Board Members in attendance, be dropped from the rolls and shall forfeit all rights and privileges of membership.
Members may request a full refund of fully paid registration fees until the date the annual uniform purchase has been confirmed. After such date, 50% refund of registration fees can be requested until the date of the first scheduled game in any division. Once regular season games commence, no refund of registration dues will be granted, unless approved by a majority vote of all Directors.
ARTICLE V -- MEETINGS OF REGULAR MEMBERS
ANNUAL MEETING. The annual meeting of the Regular Members of the LLL shall be held between 1 August and 30 September, on a date and time selected by the Board Of Directors each year; for the purpose of electing the Board Of Directors and members, receiving reports and for the transaction of such business as may properly come before the meeting.
After the Board Of Directors is elected, the outgoing President shall call a meeting of the New Board within 30 days to elect New Officers. The outgoing President shall preside over this meeting until all new officers are elected.
NOTICE OF MEETINGS. Notice of each meeting of the Regular Members shall be mailed, electronically transmitted to, or otherwise delivered to each Member at the last recorded address, at least ten (10) days in advance thereof setting forth the place, time and purpose of the meeting; or in lieu thereof, notice may be given in such form as may be authorized by the Regular Members, from time to time, at a regularly convened meeting.
SPECIAL MEETINGS. Special Meetings of the Regular Members may be called by the Board Of Directors or by the Secretary or President at their discretion. Upon written request of five (5) Regular Members, the President shall call a Special Meeting to consider a specific subject. No business other than that specified in the notice of the meeting shall be transacted at any special meeting of the Regular Members.
QUORUM. The presence in person or representation by absentee ballot of fifteen of the Regular Members shall be entitled to vote at any regular meeting of the LLL.
VOTING. Only Regular Members shall be entitled to vote at any Regular or Special meeting of the LLL.
ABSENTEE BALLOT. For the expressed purpose of accommodating a Regular Member in good standing, who cannot be in attendance at the annual meeting, an absentee ballot may be requested and obtained from the Secretary of the league. The absentee ballot shall be properly completed, signed and returned in a sealed envelope to the Secretary prior to the date of the Annual Meeting and the election of members of the Board Of Directors. The Secretary shall present all absentee ballots to the Election Chairman (President) on the date of the annual meeting prior to the conduct of the election process.
RULES OF ORDER. Roberts Rule Of Order shall govern the proceedings of all meetings, except where the same conflicts with the Constitution or By-laws of the LLL.
ARTICLE VI -- BOARD OF DIRECTORS
BOARD AND NUMBER. The management of the property and affairs of the LLL shall be vested in the Board Of Directors. The number of Directors shall not be less than five (5). The Directors shall upon election, immediately enter upon the performance of their duties and shall continue in office until their successors shall have been duly elected and qualified.
REQUIRED MEMBERS. The Board membership shall include: the President, Vice President Baseball, Vice President Softball, Secretary, Treasurer, Player Agent or Agents per each division of play, Safety Officer and a minimum of one manager and one volunteer umpire. (Only volunteer umpires may be elected to the Board Of Directors) The number of Managers including Minor League representation elected to the Board Of Directors shall not exceed the minority of the total Board Members.
ANNUAL ELECTION AND TERM OF OFFICE. At each annual meeting the Regular Members shall determine the number of Directors to be elected for the following year and shall elect the Directors of the ensuing year. All elections of the Directors shall be by majority vote of all Regular Members present or represented by a properly executed and signed absentee ballot filed with the Secretary prior to the election meeting. To serve on the Board Of Directors as a voting member, a member must be in good standing as a Regular Member.
VACANCIES. If any vacancy occurs in the Board Of Directors, by death, resignation, or otherwise, it may be filled by a majority vote of the remaining Directors at any Regular or Special meeting called for that purpose.
MEETINGS, NOTICE AND QUORUM
- Regular meeting of the Board Of Directors shall be held immediately following the annual election and on such days thereafter as shall be determined by the Board. The Secretary shall mail or otherwise notify each Board Member of each Regular meeting of the Board Of Directors at least five (5) days in advance of the meeting.
- The President of the Secretary may, whenever they deem it advisable or the Secretary shall at the written request of five(5) Directors, issue a call for a Special meeting of the Board. Notice of each meeting shall be given by the Secretary to each Director either by mail or electronic notice at least three (3) days before the time appointed for the meeting to the last recorded address of each Director, or by telephone or personal notice twenty-four hours preceding the meeting. In case of Special Meetings, such notice shall include the purpose of the meeting, and only matter so stated may be acted upon at the meeting.
- Five (5) members of the Board Of Directors shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business. The Board Of Directors may not conduct business without the actual presence of the President or the Vice President.
DUTIES AND POWERS.
- The Board Of Directors shall have the power to appoint such standing committee as it shall determine appropriate and to delegate such powers to them as the Board shall deem advisable and which it may properly delegate.
- Roberts Rules Of Order shall govern the proceedings of all meetings except those where same conflict with the LLL Constitution, By-laws or any rules or regulations for the conduct of the meetings and the management of the LLL that the Board Of Directors may deem proper to adopt.
- The Board shall have the power by a two-thirds vote of those present at any regular or special meetings to discipline, suspend or remove any Director, Officer or Member of the LLL in accordance with the procedure set forth in Article III, Section IV, A.
- The Membership shall receive at the annual meeting of the Members of the LLL a report verified by the President and Treasurer, or by a majority of the Directors, showing he/she the whole amount of real and personal property owned by the LLL, where located, and where and how invested, the amount applied, appropriated or expended during the year immediately preceding such date, and the purposes, objects or persons to or for which such applications, appropriations or expenditures have been made; and the names and places of residence of the persons who have been admitted to membership in the LLL during such year, which report shall be filed with the records of the LLL and an abstract thereof entered in the minutes of the proceedings of the annual meeting. A copy of such report shall be forwarded to Little League International Headquarters.
VOTING AND PROXIES. Only members of the Board Of Directors are entitled to vote during Board Meetings. Each member of the Board Of Directors shall be entitled to one vote either in person or by way of proxy. This proxy must be in writing or in electronic format and used by another member of the Board Of Directors. That member will then cast the proxy for only the matters stated on the written proxy. It may not be used for any other LLL meetings. The signed and dated proxy MUST be turned over to the Secretary via the President at the time the vote by proxy is cast.
RESIGNATION OF A MEMBER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- To resign from the Board Of Directors a Member must submit a written letter of resignation to the President of the Board at a regular meeting. The Secretary at that same meeting shall read aloud the letter of resignation for all Directors to hear. The President shall then call for a vote to determine if the resignation shall be accepted. A majority vote of all Directors present at the same meeting is required to accept the resignation.
- A resignation may be withdrawn at any time prior to a vote. Once the resignation is voted on and accepted by the Board, the member may not rejoin the Board Of Directors for the rest of that Board's term.
ARTICLE VII -- EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Board Of Directors will appoint an Executive Committee which shall consist of not less than three (3) nor more than five (5) Directors, one of whom shall be the President of LLL. The President of the LLL shall be the Chairman of the Committee.
The Executive Committee shall advise and assist the Officers of the LLL in all matters concerning its interests and the management of its affairs, and shall have such other powers as may be delegated to it by the Board.
At any meeting of the Executive Committee a majority of the total number of members then in office shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business, and the act of a majority present at any meeting at which there is a quorum shall be the act of the Committee.
ARTICLE VIII -- OTHER COMMITTEES
- The Board Of Directors shall appoint an Nominating Committee consisting of three (3) Directors and two (2) Regular Members.
- The Committee shall investigate and consider eligible candidates and submit at the annual meeting a slate of candidates for the Board Of Directors.
- The Committee shall submit for consideration by the Board Of Directors a slate of Officers and Committee members.
- The Committee shall receive the names of the prospective Honorary, Sustaining and Regular Members, investigate for eligibility and recommend those qualified for election at the annual, regular and special meeting of the Members of the Board Of Directors as the case may be.
- The Board Of Directors shall appoint a Finance Committee consisting of not less than three (3) nor more than five (5) Directors.
- The Treasurer shall be an ex-officio member of the Committee
- The Committee shall investigate ways and means of financing the LLL including team sponsorships and submit recommendations.
- The Committee shall be responsible for taking up collections at games and shall turn over said collections to the Treasurer immediately after each game.
BUILDINGS AND PROPERTY COMMITTEE
- This Committee may be combined with the Grounds Committee at the decision of the Executive Committee.
- If the Executive Committee decides to establish a Building and Property Committee; the Board Of Directors shall appoint three (3) Directors to the Committee and may appoint up to three (3) Regular Members.
- The Committee shall investigate and recommend available, suitable sites and plans for the development, including ways and means, the latter in cooperation with the Finance Committee.
- The Committee shall be responsible for repair and improvement recommendations, other than normal maintenance, and supervise the performance of approved projects.
- This Committee may be combined with the Buildings and Property Committee at the decision of the Executive Committee.
- The Board Of Directors shall appoint a Grounds Committee which shall be responsible for the care and maintenance of the playing fields, buildings and grounds. It shall operate within the amount appropriated in the approved budget for that purpose.
PLAYING EQUIPMENT COMMITTEE
- The Board Of Directors shall appoint a Playing Equipment Committee which shall secure bids on needed supplies and equipment and make recommendations for their purchase to the Board. The LLL Equipment Manager will serve as committee Chairperson.
- The Committee shall be responsible for the proper issuance of such supplies and the equipment and for the repair, cleaning and storage thereof at the close of the season.
- The Board Of Directors shall appoint a Manager's Committee consisting of three (3) Directors.
- The committee shall interview and investigate prospective managers for all divisions of the LLL and recommend acceptable candidates to the President, for appointment and subsequent approval by the Board Of Directors.
- It shall, during the playing season, observe the conduct of all managers and coaches. It shall at the request of the President or Board Of Directors investigate complaints concerning managers and coaches and make a report thereof to the President or Board Of Directors as the case may be.
- By a unanimous vote of the Committee's three (3) Members, the Committee shall have the authority to discipline a manager or coach by suspension from a maximum of two (2) games. The Manager or coach involved shall be notified of the general nature of the charges by the Chairperson a minimum of 48 hours prior to the meeting of the Manager's Committee and given an opportunity to appear at the meeting to answer such charges. The Committee's deliberations may take place in a closed meeting, but the vote must take place in a public meeting. A report of any disciplinary action will be presented to the Board Of Directors at the next Regular Meeting.
- The Committee shall forward a report and recommended action concerning any manager or coach that the committee feels will require more discipline than they are authorized for in Section VI D of this Article. The Board Of Directors shall follow Article III, Section IV.
- The Board Of Directors shall appoint an Umpire Committee consisting of three (3) Directors and may appoint two (2) Regular Members.
- The LLL President shall be chairperson of any such Committee.
- The Committee shall recruit, interview and recommend to the President for appointment a staff of umpires, including a Chief Umpire and replacements.
- When appointed, the staff of umpires shall be under the personal direction and responsibilities of the LLL President, assisted by the Chief Umpire, who shall train, observe and schedule the staff.
- It shall, during the playing season, observe the conduct of all Umpires. It shall at the request of the President or Board Of Directors investigate complaints concerning Umpires and make a report thereof to the President or Board Of Directors as the case my be. The Umpires judgement shall not be heard or argued before the Committee.
- By a unanimous vote of the Committee's Members, the Committee shall have the authority to discipline an Umpire by suspension for a maximum of two (2) games. The Umpire involved shall be notified of the general nature of the charges by the Chairperson, a minimum of 48 hours prior to the meeting of the Manager's Committee and given an opportunity to appear at the meeting to answer such charges. The Committee's deliberations may take place in a closed meeting but the vote must take place in a public meeting. No appeal of the Committee's decision is permitted. A report of any disciplinary action will be presented to the Board Of Directors at the next regular meeting.
- The Committee shall forward a report and recommended action concerning any Umpire that the Committee determines it necessary for more disciplinary action than they are authorized in Section VI D. of this Article. The Board Of Directors shall follow Article II, Section IV.
- The Board Of Directors may appoint a District Committee consisting of the LLL President as chairman and two (2) other Directors, of which at least one Director from Softball must participate.
- The Committee shall assists the District Administrator in inter-league district functions including the selection of members of the District Administrator's Advisory Committee and the selection of tournament sites and area tournament directors.
- The Board Of Directors may appoint an Auxiliary Committee consisting of the LLL Treasurer as chairman and two (2) other Directors.
- The Committee shall coordinate the activities of the Auxiliary. It shall review and evaluate auxiliary projects for raising money and disposition of profits, and make recommendations to the Board.
- The Board Of Directors shall approve in advance all projects and actions of the Auxiliary.
- The Board Of Directors will appoint an Auditing Committee consisting of three (3) Directors. The President, Treasurer, or signatories of checks are not eligible.
- The Committee will review the LLL books and records annually prior to the Annual Meeting and attach a statement to their findings to the annual financial statement of the President and Treasurer, or may, if directed by the Board Of Directors or Membership, secure the services of a Certified Public Accountant to accomplish such review.
MINOR LEAGUE COMMITTEE
- The Board Of Directors may appoint a Minor League Committee consisting of three (3) Directors.
- The Chairman of the Committee shall be the Vice President and be responsible to the LLL President for the proper conduct of the Minor League Operation.
ARTICLE IX -- OFFICERS, DUTIES AND POWERS
ELECTION. Within thirty (30) days of the annual Regular Member's meeting the outgoing President shall call a meeting for the purpose of electing Officers and appointing committee for the ensuing year. The outgoing President shall preside over this meeting until all officers are elected.
- Attend all properly scheduled, special, or called meeting. (See Article III, Section IV, Paragraph C)
- Must perform field maintenance when assigned by the Grounds Committee or the Buildings and Property Committee. These duties include but are not limited to grass cutting, trash pickup, and general repairs.
- To remain in good standing as a board member the member must comply with the above listed duties and actively serve on at least one committee.
- Officers of the LLL shall consist of a President, a Vice President(s), other Vice Presidents as required, a Secretary, a Treasurer and Player Agent(s), Safety Officer, all of whom shall hold office for the ensuing year or until their successors are duly elected. Regulation 1(b).
- Must perform Officer of the Day duty as assigned by the LLL President.
- The Board Of Directors may appoint such other officers or agents as it may deem necessary or desirable, and may prescribe the powers and duties of each and may fill any vacancy which may occur in any office.
- Communicate to the Board Of Directors, such matters as deemed appropriate, make such suggestions as may tend to promote the welfare of LLL.
- Be responsible for the conduct of the LLL in strict conformity to the policies, principles, Rules and Regulations of Little League International, as agreed to under the conditions of charter, issued to the LLL.
- Designate in writing, other officers if necessary, to have power to make and execute for/and in the name of the LLL, such contracts and leases they may receive and which have had prior approval of the Board.
- Investigate complaints, irregularities and conditions detrimental to the LLL and report thereon to the Board Of Directors or the Executive Committee as circumstances warrant.
- Prepare and submit an annual budget to the Board Of Directors and be responsible for the proper execution thereof.
- With the assistance of the Player Agents, examine the application and support proof of age documents of every player candidate and certify to residence and age eligibility before the player may be accepted for tryouts and selection.
- Have at least one (1) year prior experience in serving a Little League organization, and have documentation to validate all claims to experience in the event the experience is questioned by the Board Of Directors. Two serve as a President or Vice President, the candidate must have two (2) years experience servicing on the Board Of Directors.
- Shall set an Agenda for the next regular meeting of the Board Of Directors by reviewing all minutes of meetings and listing on the agenda all resolutions that were tables or which have been questioned by a majority of the Board Of Directors, any items the President has been notified as requiring Board action or review and any items the President wants the Board to act on or review.
- The President shall keep all records received from the Secretary in a place specifically set for the security of such records. These records may be examined by the Board Of Directors or the Executive Committee at any time.
VICE PRESIDENT. In case of the absence or disability of the President, and provided he is authorized by the President of Board Of Directors so to act, the Vice President of Baseball, then in sequential order, the Vice President of Softball, shall perform the duties of the President. When so acting, he/she shall have all the powers of that office and shall have such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the Board Of Directors or by the President.
- Be responsible for recording the activities of the LLL and maintain appropriate files, mailing lists, distribution list, contacts and necessary records.
- Perform such duties as are herein specifically set forth, in addition to such other duties as are customarily incident to the Office of Secretary or as may be assigned by the Board Of Directors.
- Maintains a list of all Regular, Sustaining and Honorary members, Directors and Committee Members and give notice of all meetings of the LLL, Board Of Director and Committees.
- Keep the minutes of the meetings of the Members, Board Of Directors, and the Executive Committee, and cause them to be recorded in a book kept for that purpose.
- Shall conduct all correspondence not otherwise specifically delegated in connection with said meeting and shall be responsible for carrying out all orders, votes and resolutions not otherwise committed.
- Notify Members, Directors, Officers, and committee members of their election or appointment.
- Shall publish the agenda for the next Regular Meeting of the Board Of Directors.
- Perform such duties as are herein specifically set forth, in addition to such other duties as are customarily incidental to the office of Treasurer or as may be assigned by the Board Of Directors.
- Receive all monies and securities, and deposit same in a depository approved by the Board Of Directors.
- Keep records for the receipt and disbursement of all monies and securities of the LLL, including the Auxiliary, approve all payments from allotted funds and draw checks therefore in agreement with policies established in advance of such actions by the Board Of Directors. All disbursements by check must have dual signatures.
- Prepare and annual financial report, under the direction of the President, for submission to the Membership and Board Of Directors at the annual meeting.
- Prepare an annual financial report, under the direction of the President, for submission to the membership and Board Of Directors at the annual meeting.
- Have a treasury report prepared and to report such financial statement to the Board Of Directors at each board meeting.
- Record all player transactions and maintain and accurate and up-to-date record thereof.
- Receive and review applications for player candidates and assist the President in checking residency and age eligibility.
- Conduct the player draft and all other player transaction or selection meetings.
- Prepare the Player Agent's list.
- Prepare and submit rosters to LLL Secretary for the President's signature and submission to Little League Headquarters, rosters, including players' claimed, and the tournament team eligibility affidavit, as well as any duly signed and applicable waivers.
- Prepare and review the LLL tournament affidavit, as well as, subsequent player replacements or trades.
ARTICLE X - MANAGERS, COACHES AND UMPIRES
MANAGERS AND COACHES.
- Team Managers and Coaches shall be appointed annually by the President, and be approved by the Board Of Directors, Managers shall be responsible for the selection of their teams and for their actions on the field. Regulation 1(b).
- Team Managers and Coaches are responsible for the preparation of the playing field before and after each game their team plays in a prescribed by the Grounds Committee or the Building and Property Committee.
- Team Manager is responsible for their team's fund raising activities as directed by the Board Of Directors. All team managers and coaches must participate in LLL sanctioned fund raisers.
- Team Manager is responsible for following the LLL Safety Plan, including walking the field prior to each game to inspect for possible safety concerns, taking and keeping current a valid First Aid and CPR certification, and following generally accepted safe practices during warm-ups and participation at both practice and all games. It is acceptable that at least one (1) coach or assistant coach maintain the required First Aid and CPR certification for each team.
Umpires shall be appointed annually by the President, and be approved by the Board Of Directors, who shall be responsible for the selection of their assignments and for their actions on the field. Regulation 1(b)
While holding such office, the President shall not Manage or Coach a tournament team. The President should not umpire. Regulation 1(b).
ARTICLE XI - AFFILIATION
CHARTER. The LLL shall annually apply for a charter from Little League International Inc., shall do all things necessary to obtain and maintain such charter. The LLL shall devote its energies in their entirety, to the activities authorized by such charter and it shall not be affiliated with any other program or operate any other youth sports program.
RULES AND REGULATIONS. The official Playing Rules and Regulations as published by Little League Baseball and Softball, Little League International Inc., Williamsport, PA, shall be binding on the LLL.
LAGUNA LITTLE LEAGUE RULES. The local rules of this LLL shall be adopted by the Board Of Directors at a meeting to be held not less than one (1) month previous to the first scheduled game of the season, but shall in no way conflict with the Rules and Regulations of Little League International, Inc.
ARTICLE XII - FUND RAISING, DISBURSEMENT OF FUNDS
The Board Of Directors shall decide all matters pertaining to the finances of the LLL and it shall place all income including Auxiliary and Concession funds, in a common league treasury or account within a regulated institution directing the expenditure of same in such manner as will give no individual or team an advantage over those in competition with such individual or team.
The Board shall not permit the contribution of funds or property to individual teams but shall solicit some for the common treasurer of the LLL, thereby to discourage favoritism among teams and to endeavor to equalize the benefits of the LLL.
The Board shall not permit the solicitation of funds in the name of Little League International, Inc. unless all of the funds so raised are placed in the LLL treasury.
The Board shall not permit disbursement of the LLL funds for other than the conduct of Little League activities in accordance with the rules and policies of Little League International, Inc.
No Director, Officer, or member of the LLL shall receive, directly or indirectly any salary, compensation, or emolument from the LLL for services rendered as Director, Officer or Member.
All monies received, including Auxiliary and Concession Funds, shall be deposited to the credit of the LLL in a Mercantile Bank or like Saving & Loan Entity and all disbursement shall be made by check. All checks shall be signed by the LLL Treasurer and such other officer or officers or person or persons as the Board Of Directors shall determine.
The fiscal year of the LLL shall begin on 1 October and shall end 30 September.
DISTRIBUTION OF PROPERTY UPON DISSOLUTION. Upon dissolution of the LLL and after the outstanding debts and claims have been satisfied, the Members shall direct the remaining property of the LLL to another Federally Incorporated entity which maintains the same objectives as set forth herein, which are for may be entitled exemption under Section, 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or any future corresponding provision.
ARTICLE XIII - AMENDMENTS
The Constitution may be amended, repealed or altered in whole or in part by a majority vote at any duly organized meeting of the Members, provided notice of the proposed change is included in the notice of such meeting. Draft of all proposed amendments shall be submitted to Little League International, Inc. for approval.